Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream
Ben & Jerry’s worked with Brand Mark Franchising to put in place a recruitment program in order to recruit more franchisees.
Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream began trading in 1978 in Burlington, Vermont. They now operate in over 50 countries around the world. Arriving in the UK in 1994, traditionally selling ice cream via cinemas, Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream is now widely available in a variety of locations across the UK.
With help from BMF:
- Recruitment programme put in place to gain ground with new franchisees in stand-alone stores around the UK
- Recruited corporate franchise partners and arranged procurement of property for franchisees
- Introduced a number of dual branded stores with Subway in London
- Opened 12 stores per annum
- Won the right to supply Cineworld contract from competitors Haagen Dazs
What they say
During our project, Paul Davies provided key insight and drive into franchise recruitment. He was always careful to work ethically, with careful stewardship in mind and a genuine consideration of the long-term relationship between franchisee and franchisor. Paul’s mature and professional manner helped us to achieve our expansion targets and gained great respect from the team for his efforts.
– Mark Stewart Maunder, Franchise Development Director, Ben & Jerry’s
Client: Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream
Desc: Franchisee recruitment